I cannot rave enough about this conference – the quality of the speakers, the content, the organization – everything, was fantastic.
It was organized by Neil Davidson (CEO and Founder of Red-Gate Software) and Joel Spolsky (FogCreek and JoelOnSoftware). They did a fab job !!
Some of the speakers included :-
- Seth Godin (Business Week’s ‘Ultimate Entrepreneur for the information Age’)
- Joel Spolsky (Joel on Software)
- Eric Sink (SourceGear and coiner of the phrase ‘MicroISV’)
- Steve Johnson (Pragmatic Marketing)
- Richard Stallman (GNU operating system, Emacs and founder of the Free Software Foundation)
- Jason Fried (37 Signals – think ‘basecamp’)
- Jessica Livingston (Founders at Work)
- Paul Kenny (Ocean Learning)
As well as many, many others. It covered all the key components of building and running a software business, even as far as raising Venture Capital – and eventually selling (via an excellent Pecha Kucha presentation from Alexis Ohanian, founder of reddit.com)
Seriously, if you are at all involved in the software business then come next year (no dates or location yet), if for nothing else but the networking opportunities…