TaHoGen – Code Generation

Quick update on the TaHoGen open source project... I just tidied up the whole source tree, added all the projects in a logical layout to one solution. I also sorted out the Visual Studio addin with better error handling and added a Setup project so that it can be easily installed by an end user. Murad's excellent SchemaBrowser was added added and checked in, now allowing us to glean data from databases to use in the code generation. We're closing in on CodeSmith... Next step is to demonstrate use by including a number…Read more …

TaHoGen Code Generation – Update

I got hold of Philip Laureano and we've been discussing the best way to make this available publically (we'll probably lump for Sourceforge). Interestingly he also mentioned that someone else has written a 'SchemaBrowser' style extension for it - giving the whole application much more power (on a par with Codesmith). I rewrote the VS2005 addin so that instead of the UI being a 'non integrated' Windows Form, it is now embedded in a VS IDE ToolWindow. Some screenshots below...   Expect to see details of the sourceforge project name and possibly a…Read more …